ENFP curious about ENFP/INTJ match up

 I (24F) am an ENFP-A and most of my relationships - including friendships - have been with other ENFP types (as far as I know). I keep hearing that ENFP is best suited to INTJ and INFJ, but I can't wrap my head around why. I'm becoming increasingly curious about the ENFP/INTJ or ENFP/INFJ match up, so it would be great if anyone could share their ENFP/INTJ success story. What works about your relationship, why are you drawn to ENFPs, how do you even meet?! I feel like I'm such a social butterfly and I mostly only ever meet other extroverts - I wouldn't even know where to start find my "ideal match", so it's hard to understand the logic behind why they're ideal. - anonymousfiza


I met my SO at a coffee shop. I would describe her as a developed (has worked on or acknowledged her weaknesses) and mentally healthy ENFP. Part of why I feel we work is because of our differences, not despite them.

I used to think I wanted someone who was the same, with the same opinions and beliefs, always agreeing on everything, but it's so much more fun and captivating to be with someone who brings new perspectives, thought-processes, and understandings to the relationship.

Disagreement is good, that's how her and I both learn and grow from each other, because we never dismiss what the other person is saying. I used to at first, because her innocence in thought first appeared as ditzy and unorganized, though I'm sure I came off as insensitive/cold or w/e INTJ stereotype.

I admire how much of a people-person she is and how easy it is to talk to her, especially on a deeper level - she is surprisingly adept discussing theory and the abstract. I admire her spontaneity and ability to encourage new things and always see and justify the positive in a world I perceive to have a lot of bad.



It was rocky at first, sincere communication was KEY as was genuine effort and compromise from both sides. Give & take. She and I are not perfect, and we acknowledge this. It's not always a Disney-like relationship that media or apps sell to us, but we have a lot of fun together and appreciate the balance we bring to each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Diva Moment

Should I stop judging and evaluating everyone I meet?

Dating for INTJs