My Diva Moment

 I like to have a tidy and orderly house and we let it go a little due to ongoing construction. Yesterday, my husband was out of town and I spent the evening cleaning.

At the end of the day, I walked around the house looking at my work, acting like a sassy voguing queer than I am, congratulating myself for work well done, approving of how the blankets are folded and pillows arranged. All while striking poses.

When I caught myself during the act, I chuckled and decided to pull the footage from our security cameras to send to my husband as an example of how ridiculously I act when alone.

I reviewed the footage and in the video I literally do NOTHING of sorts! No poses! No gestures! I just walk back and forth and glance at things. Maybe there’s some expression change on my face but absolutely nothing of my body movement would suggest any sort of emotion not to mention striking poses!

My husband is an INFP and struggles with separating his feelings from feelings of others. With me, however, he struggles with reading me at all. When he told me I don’t emote, I could not tell if he’s being serious. He says it’s nice for him not to have to feel somebody’s anxieties all the time but in my head, I’m not that hard to read.

Turns out he’s right. Even when I’m absolutely freaking out inside, nothing shows! I definitely trained myself in work settings to appear friendly, because my resting face comes across as hostile.

Just found it all a bit amusing. My diva moment was happening only in my head.

Anybody with similar stories? - bartfield


I think a lot of things happen only in one's mind, and I'd guess this is a bigger theme with introverts. I've had some people recall some events as devastatingly emotionally significant in their retellings, but rather dull when viewed from an outside perspective. It's all about perspective.

I remember what it was like to be in high school; any development in anyone's relationship was biiggg newwws and some things were simply the end of the world!

It's interesting how one's experience of the same reality can be so drastically different from another's. This is why I think it's important to value the opinion of others, even those you disagree with; different perspectives are always valuable and may hold merit we may not immediately see. We all view things differently, and the more we are able to listen to and understand others, the closer we can get to the actual realities. The more we insist on only accepting the views we already hold, the further we stray.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should I stop judging and evaluating everyone I meet?

Dating for INTJs